There are many options when you would enjoy Budapest sightseeing with one of the sharing economy based applications.
Probably the easiest and most convenient is the bicycle, it is wallet friendly and the lower speed allows your to enjoy the sights. Also, it is easy to drop off for a coffee or a soda to a nearby bar. The available services are
- Budapest’s public bicycle sharing application (and the bicycles) are just renewed in 2021. For a HUF 500 (EUR 1.5) monthly fee you can use the bikes as many times as you like, provided that one session is under 30 minutes. A minor setback at the moment is that you need to use the designated islands for pick-up and drop-off at the moment. More info on Mol Bubi bikes
- Donkey Republic also offers bike sharing service at Budapest, for a fee of HUF 500 (EUR 1.5) they offer you a day of usage. They don’t require pick-up and drop-off at islands, so you can leave the bike more freely. More info on Donkey Republic bikes
When you don’t prefer the bike, but fine with two wheels, then you can go for
- a Lime scooter or
- a Bird scooter or
- when you prefer big go for an Ogre scooter or
- when that is still not big enough or you are a fan of a bike, then go for a Blinkee scooter
When you don’t prefer any of the two-wheelers, then you can rent-a-car on-the-fly from the providers below:
- when you would like to have an option to leave Budapest for rural Hungary, then a Mol Limo car or
- when you prefer electric and mainly would use at Budapest and its neighbourhood then a Greengo car or
- maybe ShareNow car
We do not have preferences or not affiliated with any of the services above, all just provided for you as a guidance to ease your stay.